Monday, February 14, 2011

God Gave Us the World

I am reviewing another book today:

 God Gave Us the World

God Gave Us the World (by Lisa Tawn Bergren art by Laura J. Bryant) is part of a series of "God Gave Us..." books about a Polar Bear family.  This story illustrates how it is in God's nature to be creative and therefore He created all kinds of bears who live in all kinds of places.  The story encourages "Little Cub" to compare and contrast the differences in all the bears she sees while walking through a "bear museum."  It furthermore encourages her to see God's creation as creative and beautiful even when the other bears are different from her.  It goes on to point out how the earth is God's gift to us and it would make him sad if we hurt it. 

This story would be a great conversation starter for young school age kids (K-2 perhaps?).  It was a little too wordy to hold the attention of my three year old, but my five year old listened with interest.  I'm not sure she quite grasped the overall concept, but with repetition, I think she'd likely catch on.


I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review I did not receive any monetary compensation for this post. Any opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers