I got the crazy stupid idea to try to go for a run yesterday. I should have known it was a ridiculous idea when there were only THREE people on the typically busy trail as I drove to the parking lot.
Two of those three were bundled like Eskimos. True story.
Determined to have some pre-super-bowl-snacks caloric burn, I set out anyway. Where I was layered with warm gear (three layers to be exact) I was ok...chilly, but not freezing. Unfortunately,
anything exposed was just downright painful. About a half mile in I kept
seeing something in my peripheral vision...took me a minute to figure
out what it was....
The wind was bringing tears to my eyes and then it was freezing on my lashes! You know it's stupid cold when tears freeze on your lashes. I continued to press on, but about 3/4 mile in I realized my Achilles tendons were killing me. It was loose packed snow, so think running on sand. Not fantastic white beaches sand, but like nasty Lake Erie beach sand. Needless to say I turned around after only a mile! The gorgeous photo posted above was the silver lining of an otherwise frustrating run.
No comments:
Post a Comment