Don't question in the dark, a decision that was made in the Light. One mom's thoughts and ramblings.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Farmer Jeff???
So Jeff and Lydia had planned a trip to the garden center a few minutes from our house to buy me a hanging flower pot for the second part of my Mother's Day gifts. Jeff took off a half day of work yesterday so we could go pick it out as a family. I'm still fuzzy on the details of the how's and why's but somehow we ended up with not only a hanging flower pot, but also two kinds of tomatoes, strawberries, yellow squash, and cucumbers!!! Oh, and let's not forget all the "soil treatment" stuff the lady also talked him into! *sigh* To be fair, I think I should mention that I also bought more than planned so I could plant some flowers around the house too. :)
I made it rather clear that this was HIS project...so I mowed the lawn while he dug and tilled up the spot for the garden:

My geranium from our church on Mother's Day:
The culprit that started it all: The hanging pot (it is lovely though!)
My "double impatients"
The Mini-Garden:
We found some rather odd things while Jeff was digging up the spot...including some funky looking bugs, glass, gravel, all sorts of fun stuff!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment